Saturday, April 30, 2011

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery Vase by Michael W. Moses

This is my latest ceramic art pottery piece. I call it the "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" Vase. This is a highly detailed work with a bit of intricate hand painting. As with most of my pieces this work is just covered with attention to exuberant form and lavish colors. One can tell form what I have written so far that I apparently like this one, which I really do. I was rather pleased with how nicely the colors came out on this ceramic sculpture.  There seems to be some real movement going on with this vase. I am always striving to do pieces that seem to have movement. I like the idea of the work being a single moment caught and frozen forever in time.


This work of ceramic art pottery can be viewed at South Coast Antiques & Gallery in downtown Ocean Springs, MS.

No comments:

Post a Comment