Saturday, June 25, 2011

Night and Day Yellow Blue Bowl by Michael W. Moses, Ocean Springs, MS


Oh, do I have egg on my face. I have been telling people for a fairly long time that not a single person in Ocean Springs, MS. where our shop is located, owns a piece of my pottery. I have just found out that I have been misinforming people. I sold two pieces of my art pottery this afternoon my Red White Mellon Bowl  and my Dark Rainbow Tea Cup. As I was logging them into my inventory files where I keep images of each piece that I make along with it's unique designator serial number, and who purchased it, I made a surprise discovery. I saw this Blue Yellow Fossil covered work that I called, Night and Day Yellow Blue Bowl  This is a piece that I made a couple of years back. The inside and outside is completely hand carved. The inside is blue on yellow and the out side is yellow on blue. I just saw that it was sold a bit over a year ago and that it had been sold to a customer that only lives a few streets away from our shop. Oops!  I guess one person in town here has purchased one of my pieces. They made a good choice in my opinion. It was a bowl that I was quite pleased with. Also note that it of course has one red herring on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment