Monday, August 15, 2011

August ,Sold Pottery,Long Beach Bead Show, South Coast Antiques!

Well, it's been a while since I've made a post, so, here I go. I have been busy doing a bunch of different non pottery related things. I have been working on jewelry, getting antiques priced and ready to put out in the shop and we've also had a larger than normal number of people coming in wanting appraisals and wanting to sell us stuff!

Yesterday we went to a small bead show in Long Beach. We picked up a number of really nice beads. I got a
pretty good deal on some Cloisonné cross shaped beads. I also picked up some nice irregularity shape jade beads. One of my best deals was on a bunch of faceted gemstone beads. I did a bit of work on pottery last week. I worked on painting a bit. But I was not really feeling up to speed, so it was all a bit half-hearted.

The Other Side of the Vally Plate
SOLD
One bright point was on Saturday when I had a couple come in to buy a piece of my pottery. they spent a fairly short time looking it over and then the woman said there it is! The Other Side of the Vally Plate. That is the one I want!  So she bought it. I must admit that it is always an ego boost to sell a piece of my pottery.

August has traditionally been slow in our shop. The previous owners of the antique shop that was here before South Coast Antiques and Gallery, said that August was always slow for them also. So far this August we have not done to bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment