Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Blue Hanami Bowl Sold, 9-11, earthquake and tsunami in Miyagi

 Yesterday at South Coast Antiques & Gallery, I sold one of my ceramic art pottery pieces that I called "My Blue Hanami Bowl" to a woman from Northern New Mexico. She informed me that in April after the March 11 earthquake and tsunami in Miyagi prefecture, Japan, that people in Japan were requested not to observe the annual tradition of Hanami in respect of those who lost their lives. Hanami is the art of cherry blossom watching. It really made me think. I have always found Hanami to be one of the most beautiful and totally genteel of activities. It seems like such a beautiful way to show respect for those poor souls that were lost, by not participating in something so beautiful as hanami. Besides being the 10 year anniversary of 9-11 today, this also marks 6 months since the earthquake and tsunami in japan. I send my condolances to the families and friends of all people associated with both 9-11 and the earthquake-Tsunami in Japan and my prayers for those lost in both. May the wonder and the beauty of hanami once more fill your hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment