Monday, October 17, 2011

The Flasher Ceramic Art Pottery by Michael W. Moses. The Ocean is Dead by Mark E. Moses

We sold the Flasher at South Coast Antiques & Gallery, in Ocean Springs, MS, a while back. I ran across this small film clip yesterday that I did  a couple of months prior to the sale of the Flasher We added a piece of highly atmospheric music titled "The Ocean is Dead", that was written, performed and recorded by my musically gifted brother Mark E. Moses. His piece of music seemed very appropriate for this clip and we thought it evoked the mood of my ceramic art pottery piece very well. 
The Flasher was a hand modeled ceramic lamp that was made to resemble an alien sea anemone. The ceramic art pottery base holds a small light bulb that blinks off and on randomly. I added a multitude of beads that seem to wave gently in the warm ocean waters. The bead covered wires were a bit time consuming, but I think that the over all effect was well worth the time it took to make. We hope that you will enjoy this video of the Flasher!.

No comments:

Post a Comment