Friday, November 18, 2011

Some Ceramic Art Pottery Works in Progress and a New Bowl by Michael W. Moses

It's been awhile since I have done a post. I have been busy with the shop and have had a number of items that I have been researching for the shop. I am going to post a few images of some of the ceramic art pottery pieces that are being fired now. I  have been working on some new ideas that involve large spikes sticking out all over. I find spikes to be way cool and loads of fun to make. The spikes are a bit of a chore to paint, but I really love the over all effect that they can create. I did the "Green Hunger" Pod vase a while back and have had spikes on my mind ever since. The painted pieces in the images below will be glazed and refired. Once they have been glazed and refired the colors on these pieces will be bold and bright and shiny.

A Bulb Vase With Spines by Michael W. Moses

A Standing Bulb Vase by Michael W. Moses

A Couple of Un-Fired Greenware Works in Progress

Here is a recently finished bowl. I call this one an "Alien Logo Bowl". This bowl is bright yellow on the exterior and has a stamp work design with bright blue dots. The interior has a distressed, pale cream ground with a lively ancient design from a faraway unknown world! I love doing these paper thin bowls, when tapped they have a delightful bell like ring.

Alien Logo Bowl by Michael W. Moses

Interior of Alien Logo Bowl by Michael W. Moses

No comments:

Post a Comment