Sunday, December 11, 2011

Finished Orange Captive Bulb Vase by Michael W. Moses at South Coast Antiques in Ocean Springs

Orange Captive Bulb Vase in Heinrich & Co Cup 

This is my latest piece of ceramic art pottery. I call this one "Orange Captive Bulb Vase"  I showed what it looked like when it was just painted, before being glazed and fired in my Friday, November 18, 2011 post.
I was very pleased at how this little fellow looked when it came out of  the kiln. The colors are absolutely vibrant! It just sets and glows in its own garish brightness.
When I was photographing this piece which I do it in our shop, South Coast Antiques, I had a customer come in and they were watching me doing the photography. She says to me."Why is that vase chained to a cup"?  I very quickly responded, "Because it is so wild that it would escape if it were not chained to the cup"! She looked at me and says, "Oh, well that makes sense". It really makes me wonder when people say things like that to me what they are actually thinking.

Orange Captive Bulb Vase Out of It's Cup

 This bulb is chained to a really nice, absolutely paper thin porcelain tea cup. The cup has a great intricate hand painted Greek key design going around the lip and is an antique that was made by Heinrich & Co of  Selb, Bavaria in the early 1900's.

Orange Captive Bulb Vase From Top

Orange Captive Bulb Vase Before Being Chained to Cup

No comments:

Post a Comment