Friday, July 11, 2014

"Come to me my Love" Pod Vase by Michael W. Moses of Ocean Springs, MS

Here is one of my newest pieces of hand sculpted ceramic art pottery, which I call the "Come to me my Love" alien pod vase.

 This piece looks as if it might have been captured just above high tide on a delightful tropical beach on an alien planet far from our everyday lives!

Then again it has that organic quality that makes it seem to be some type of quasi animal-plant life that hungers for small creatures to come forth and give themselves up to it's desires.

Then again this type of life form may not passively wait for good things to arrive in it's presence, it may actively go out on the prowl looking for the unwary.

What ever the case, this neo Victorian objet d'art will be the master of whatever domain it will be placed, be it your bright conservatory or a cool shady curio cabinet in your front parlor. This piece will surely be the dominate species in any setting!

No comments:

Post a Comment