Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mourning Tea Cup by Michael W. Moses at South Coast Antiques & Gallery

A while back there was a lady in the shop and she was looking at my ceramic art pottery and she said to me, "you've misspelled the word mourning."  I explained to her that it was not misspelled.  It was meant to be mourning, because I had made this piece so that one could hold it in their hands and look at it and remember that whatever it was that they were mourning in their life that beauty would return to their life.  The woman started to cry and I  ask her why and she said to me that her husband had passed away a month before.  She said that she wished she had the money to buy this little cup and I explained to her that she did not need to buy the cup that just seeing it and having held it was all that was really necessary.  She thanked me and gave me a hug and told me that she thought my tea cup had helped her and that she would never forget about it.  I may be silly, but this makes me feel that maybe there was a higher inspiration for my creating this piece.    


 



  









                                   
Mourning Tea Cup by Michael W. Moses

Mourning Tea Cup by Michael W. Moses









No comments:

Post a Comment