Monday, December 27, 2010

Still Life At Solstice New Michael W. Moses Photographic Print

This is what I did last night. I arranged a still life with my latest ceramic Cthulhu staff piece and took a few photos of it. I did this image to commemorate our recent solstice and eclipse. This image was taken with my old Olympus C-5060 wide lens digital camera. A great camera that I truly love to use! I digitally processed this image using Photoshop and various Photoshop plug-in applications. All together it took a couple of hours worth of beating and thrashing to get it to the stage that you see now. Signed prints are $24.95 plus $6.95  S&H and are available exclusively through South Coast Antiques & Gallery in Ocean Springs, Ms.
















This is a close up of my new ceramic Cthulhu staff piece.  It is hand formed and then carved, fine ceramic clay.  It was fired then semi glazed then re-fired.  After which I gave it a final hand painted acrylic finish to give it a lustrous bronzy metallic finish.











 This is what the back of this piece looks like. It has a huge high quality deep cut refractive vintage Rhinestone that catches the light and reflects it in a weird way. This piece of Ceramic art is approximately 9 inches tall without the stand  and 4½ inches across the middle and about 1inch thick.
 When in place on it's stone stand it is 12½ inches tall.  It is also currently available through South Coast Antiques & Gallery in Ocean Springs, Ms.

No comments:

Post a Comment