Sunday, December 12, 2010

Michael W. Moses my Hawk Bill Vase

This is my new Hawk Bill Vase.  I started out with a lump of clay and hand formed it into the desired shape. Once I had the shape I let it dry very slowly over a period of two weeks.  Once dry, it was fired. Once fired it was at the bisque stage, as shown in Image 1.  I then very carefully hand painted it using under glaze pigments as shown in image 2.  Once it was painted.I then paint on the glaze coating and it is fired once more. Image 3 and 4 shows the final finished vase. I have this vase on display at South Coast Antiques & Gallery in Ocean Springs, MS.  The Hawk Bill Vase is priced at $ 175.

Image 1 Bisque Ware Vase


 
Image 2 Under Glaze Painted
Image 4 Final Fired Finished Piece
 
Image 3 Final Fired Finished Piece

No comments:

Post a Comment