Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ceramic Art Pottery Sponge Flower Vase by Michael W. Moses With Flowers

It has been awhile since I have posted anything.  So here I go! The holidays were just as hectic as ever both in and out side of the shop.  I had a very nice holiday season, but I am really relieved that it is over.  I sure hope you also had a very happy holiday season . Today I am sharing an image of my ceramic art pottery sponge flower vase with a special flower in it. I bet very few people can guess what these flowers are. I know I would not even have had a clue as to what they were, if I had not cut them from the plant myself!  These are Rice Paper plant flowers!  I am familiar with the Rice Paper plant, having two of them in my garden.  I had just never seen one of these great plants in bloom.  A friend of mine has a huge area covered in Rice Paper plants and I was at her house and was so surprised to see them all in bloom a day or so after Christmas. I cut a small piece off and took it to my shop South Coast Antiques & Gallery in Ocean Springs, MS and placed it in the Sponge Flower Vase and took a picture of it.  I found this unusual plant to really add an alien touch to this vase.  If this vase looks a bit familiar, it is because it is the same one that I feature on my Blog header,  It looks a little different, because it is seen from a different angle, which shows one of the two large lustrous black alien pearl like appendages attached to this vase.  You can see a couple more images of this piece on my post for Wednesday, April 4, 2011.  Please note that this piece is now available through both South Coast Antiques & Gallery and online at Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment