Thursday, January 26, 2012

Three New Ceramic Art Pottery pieces by Michael W. Moses at South Coast Antiques & Gallery in Ocean Springs, MS



Letter Embossed Orchid Pot  by Michael W Moses

I just finished three new pieces that I thought that I would share here on my blog. The first is a Letter Embossed Orchid Pot That I made for an orchid that I have that I have just not had any luck with at all. I may just put it out in the shop with a new orchid plant in it. 

Red Yellow Sponge Pot by Michael W Moses

The second is a matt Red Sponge Pot with a glossy yellow Interior that fades into a dark red.  This piece has an organic quality that I really find appealling.  It looks like some form of life that could be setting in a crystal clear sea basking in the hot noonday sun of an alien world.  Two delicatly painted stones accompany this piece, one is almost jade like and the other is possably an azurite, who knows maybe they are gemstones that do not even exist here on Earth.

The Smoker Art Pottery by Michael W Moses


The third is an incense burner that I call the smoker. It is a bowl that has a small three rhinestone attachment on the inside. It sets on a stand and has barnacles that have openings that allow an inscense cone to be laced undernrigth so that the smoke can drift out of the barnacles and drift up around the bowl. This piece was inspiered by stories about life around the thermal vents that occur in the depths of the oceans.  I will make a small video clip of this piece that I will put on YouTube shortly so that one may view this piece in action.


The Smoker Art Pottery by Michael W Moses inside


 All three pieces are currently available and may be viewed at South Coast Antiques & Gallery in Ocean Springs, MS.

The Smoker Art Pottery by Michael W Moses

No comments:

Post a Comment