Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fragmentary Bowl number 87386. Ceramic Art Pottery by Michael W. Moses South Coast Antiques & Gallery, Ocean Springs, MS SOLD


I sold my "Fragmentary Bowl number 87386", a few months back.
This is one that I really miss.  I normally do not get overly attached to the things I make, but just every once in a while, I do a piece that I just personally enjoy looking at.  This was one of those pieces.  It is sort of based upon a lost, large format painting that I did in the 1980's.  I have always loved ancient potsherds and fragments of ancient art.

  

This work evolved from the idea of a large ancient pottery bowl that had been lavishly carved and painted then broken, it then found it's way into the Ocean and was partially buried in the sand. Then the tides and time did the rest. There is even a single large barnacle on the back. 
It went to a good home though. A person that has a number of my works added it to their collection. So it will not be alone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment