Saturday, March 19, 2011

Images of some Ceramic Art Pottery Works Sold by Michael W. Moses at South Coast Antiques & Gallery, Ocean Springs,MS

I have not done a post in a few days now, so here it goes.  I have been rather busy with the shop. We have been having an unusually high volume of customers dropping in to South Coast Antiques & Gallery during the last week.  The days have been warm and sunny and just flat out beautiful.  I have been working on a large (mainly tones of blue) vase and have been doing a lot of research on shop items.

I thought I would showcase a few images of some of the ceramic art pottery works that I had sold over the last couple of years.

 This is what we refer to as a "sponge" bowl.
This one was in nice warm tones of brown and red. SOLD


This is a sponge plate in Yellow SOLD



This one was called a red and green tube.
It was  a tube.
It had an open bottom SOLD


and a long slit running up the side.


 This was my take on the classic 1950's "Lady Head Vase"
This was one that I really enjoyed making. SOLD


  
Like I tell people 
Sometimes I do art pottery 
and 
sometimes I do bead work
and 
sometimes I get carried away 
and 
do both at the same time.

This was a great little alien themed bowl
It is inset with vintage late 1950' early
1960's glass costume jewelry stones. SOLD


  
A side view of the above bowl.




1 comment: